Dhenu Urja (Organic Manuure)
Dhan Urja is an organic material derived from animal, human and plant residues which contain plant nutrients in complex forms.
– Dhan Urja supplies plant nutrients including micronutrients.
– Dhan Urja improves soil physical properties like structure, water holding capacity etc.,
– Dhan Urja increases the availability of nutrients.
– Dhan Urja improves the microbial activity in the soil.
– Carbon dioxide released during decomposition acts as a CO2 fertilizer.
– Plant parasitic nematodes and fungi are controlled to some extent by altering the balance of microorganisms in the soil.
Cotton: 200- 250 kg per acre along with sowing.
a) 500 gm per plant at transplantation.
b) Medium and Big plants : 3-5 kg per plant near the root zone.
Vegetable Crops: 150-200 kg per acre
Cereals, pulses and oil seeds: 150-200 kg per acre